KeepTruckin rates among the top ELD companies in the USA, valued at about $2.3 billion, the company employs at least 2,400 people worldwide. Up to August 2021, the KeepTruckin ELD connects over 400,000 vehicles.
KeepTruckin products serve as an all-in-one fleet management tool delivering integrated ELD solutions to a diverse range of transportation industries. Its cutting-edge software and associated hardware use the latest computer-assisted video and artificial intelligence to solve many previously unsolvable commercial vehicle issues. Overall, the products provide solutions to driver safety, ELD compliance, dispatch, fuel & maintenance, GPS tracking, and driver performance. So many features at an affordable price explain why more than 100,000 companies use KeepTruckin’s services.
In this guide, we will explore KeepTruckin’s ELD cost plans including hardware provided.
Save By Comparing Quotes:
How Much Does KeepTruckin ELD Cost?
The table below shows KeepTruckin ELD prices. You have to pay upfront for the hardware unless you choose the Enterprise Plan, in which case the hardware is part of the rental deal. Each driver needs a smartphone or tablet, using 4G/5G or WiFi, to hold the free app and upload data to the cloud. From there, the data syncs with the company’s home base.
|Free Plan||None||E-log books, messaging, and inspection reports. Needs ELD hardware purchase.|
|Starter Plan||$20/month/vehicle||Everything in Free Plan PLUS – HOS tracking, DOT, eDVIR, Messaging & Driver Alerts, GPS|
|Pro Plan||$35/month/vehicle||Everything in Starter Plan PLUS – Vehicle Diagnostics, IFTA Fuel Tax Tracking, Idle Time Tracking.
15% discount for Convoy customers
|Enterprise||Price on application||Includes Service Pack Hardware rental.|
|KeepTruckin ELD||$150||ELD hardware|
|Smart Dashcam||$100 minimum for hardware||Forward or DualCam|
|$40/month for software|
KeepTruckin Pricing Factors
The prices associated with KeepTruckin ELDs are relatively straightforward, but various factors will affect the product’s pricing scheme.
- The free plan is helpful to try the product. However, you must buy the hardware and load the app onto a phone or tablet to benefit. And, of course, you can’t use the more advanced features unless you pay for one of the monthly plans. But, there is a free trial for those companies that want to try the subscribed system but are worried if it’s for them.
- The cost of the right plan for your company depends on the features you need. Initially, the Starter Plan is probably the best package for the owner/operator. It provides basic compliance with federal government regulations and does away with most manual administration tasks plaguing the guy on the road.
- In contrast, if you have a fleet of vehicles, it might be beneficial to try the Professional version.
- If you want a complete custom version to suit your circumstances, you should try the Enterprise plan. Probably, this will only be worthwhile if you have a large fleet with different classes of vehicles.
- Although the ELD hardware is standard and priced at $150, you can purchase various smart-cam models of different quality to add to the system. The prices of these vary from $100 upwards.
Overall, how much you spend depends on which plan you choose, which features you need, and how many vehicles are in your fleet. The quoted prices specify for one truck. However, there are discounts for large fleets.
Contracts & Agreements
Initially, the contract you have with KeepTruckin is for 12-months. If you decide to cancel your agreement before this date, the company will charge the remainder of the contract payments to your payment method. However, after the 12-month initial agreement, the contract changes to a monthly arrangement, which you may cancel at any time.
This arrangement compares well with other competing electronic logging device suppliers and is considered a short-term agreement compared to other companies in the industry. For example, Omnitracs use a five-year contract, and Teletrac offers a three-year contract.
ELD Mandate & Compliance
The FMCSA ELD mandate is a law introduced by the federal government. It states that commercial motor vehicles owners and operators included in the mandate must use electronic logging devices (ELD). The purpose is to improve road safety and reduce the number of road traffic accidents. The law does this by reducing driver fatigue, enforcing Hours Of Service regulations, minimizing road accidents, and creating an overall safer environment for commercial drivers.
To comply with the mandate, non-exempt commercial vehicle drivers must log their journey details using an FMCSA approved electronic logging device as proof that they have complied with the existing Hours Of Service and other associated commercial vehicle regulations.
KeepTruckin is an FMCSA-registered ELD provider and supports the two telematics data transfer protocols specified by the FMCSA.
What Does The KeepTruckin Solution Provide?
KeepTruckin features include all the services that owner/drivers or transport companies need to keep safe and compliant. The company’s ELD system contains the following features.
The ELD is an FMCSA certified device, which, together with the KeepTruckin software, records driver Hours Of Service and is compatible with most commercial vehicles. It helps pass DOT inspections and syncs all information to the home base using 4G/5G, WiFi, and Bluetooth.
When running in your vehicle’s cab, the ELD system satisfies all ELD mandate requirements. The driver only has to pair with a mobile phone or tablet to comply with ELD regulations.
Comply with Hours of Service regulations using the various features incorporated in the KeepTruckin ELD and software. The device includes vehicle tracking and on-screen time tracking to monitor rest reminders, breaks, and off-duty hours.
KeepTruckin ELD includes a Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA) management tool. This handy tool helps improve your CSA score by encouraging safe driving, monitoring driver qualifications, and reminding you of vehicle maintenance requirements.
Go into DOT mode to transfer information to DOT officers. They can inspect and send logs directly to the FMCSA. And drivers can view data for continued daily compliance.
Your KeepTruckin ELD doesn’t need to be online continuously. If your vehicle is in remote areas with no WiFi or cell reception, it operates, but saves data until you have a signal, then uploads everything to the cloud as usual.
Other Fleet Management Solutions
This ELD offers many more top fleet management solutions for the busy trucking company:
A dual-facing dashcam records inside and outside the cab, alerting the driver if their attention wavers. It also records what’s happening outside in case of accidents. Furthermore, the app highlights compliance issues and driver performance problems and offers safety coaching.
KeepTruckin dashcams trigger outside on critical events. For example, hard accelerations, hard braking, and sharp turns start the camera recording and uploading for 20-seconds or until the event ceases. Prices for dashcams begin at $100 each, but you need additional software starting at $40/month.
The KeepTruckin app offers up to 30-second updates on GPS tracking. So, even with the basic $20/month subscription, you know exactly where your vehicles are at all times. Other things monitored include trailer type, speed, mileage, location, idle time, and mpg. As with other features, if the app is offline due to reception issues, it will upload all data once it has a signal.
IFTA Fuel Tax Reporting
The KeepTruckin app calculates the distance covered and fuel cost within each jurisdiction. Also, drivers can upload their fuel receipts, which are then incorporated into a vehicle report for easier administration and filing. The great thing about this is that you don’t need a second software app to calculate IFTA. And, you can upgrade the software versions to include fuel tax calculations and other extra features.
Benefits of using KeepTruckin ELD
Apart from complying with the law, a KeepTruckin ELD has the following benefits:
- Maximizing vehicle productivity, reducing operational costs, decreasing liabilities, and attracting lower insurance premiums all point to increased company profits.
- Reduces administration by automatically logging the vehicle’s movements and removing manual filing.
- Monitors idle time and identifies excessive idling, thus reducing fuel wastage.
- The ELD monitors the vehicle’s diagnostics for fault codes. You can then act on alerts immediately and take suitable precautions to increase productivity.
- The system uses GPS to track routes. Better route management leads to streamlined operations and less fuel wastage.
- You can monitor a driver’s performance and identify who is high risk. This feature allows you to plan additional training for the worst offenders while rewarding best-performing drivers.
- Data from the ELD could strengthen a legal case if your vehicle is involved in an accident. You can include ELD data as evidence of no hard cornering or speeding. And, you can use the dashcam footage of the road conditions.
- IFTA reports are a lot of work for your already overloaded office staff. Fortunately, your ELD automatically accurately calculates the quarterly IFTA reports in a format suitable for easy auditing.
- Vehicles carrying certified ELDs have better insurance premiums because they improve driving performance and reduce the risk of vehicle theft.
- If your fleet has ELDs, it will be much safer than those fleets without. GPS tracking, highlighting poor driver performance, improving route management, reducing driver fatigue, and monitoring vehicle fault codes will help reduce accidents. The FMCSA estimated that ELDs help to prevent over 500 injuries and save 26 lives every year.
According to reviews on Trustpilot, many customers are delighted with a KeepTruckin ELD solution. Here are a few customer reviews:
- Neah says it’s the best device on the market and is easy to use.
- Anthony says that it’s simple to use, and the customer service is excellent.
- Dontel says the app is easy to use.
- Ivan says it’s a great app and the customer support is a blast.
- Ghost Hauling LLC says it’s priced right and does the job.
- Happy says the service is excellent, and the equipment is easy to use.
- KT Experience reports that the company is transparent and honest, and handles problems quickly.
- Christopher thinks the product is amazing.
- Bev thinks the app is user-friendly but had a problem with the dashcam. KeepTruckin sent a new one immediately.
- Lawrence has been with KeepTruckin since the ELD mandate started. He wouldn’t switch providers as it covers everything he needs.
Becoming compliant with the ELD Mandate can be a minefield for some businesses. There are many ELD devices available, and some are not certified by the FMCSA. Therefore, you must get advice before buying the hardware and signing up for a long-term software contract with a non-compliant company. We can help you steer clear of non-certified ELD systems.
If you want to learn more about KeepTruckin ELD costs, get in touch with us today by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Related: How much does Samsara ELD cost?